Lessons & Love

right now...im sitting in my room, laying on my bed...thinking about love

i remember summer 2007, i lost the love of my life. after he left me i went crazy but i just decided that i should move on and i did. i moved on with the wrong guy. my last relationship was pretty much torture, abuse, stress, all that stuff and afterwards my life became a living hell. from that point on i thought i would never love again. i didnt want to get married, i didnt want children, i hated anyone who was in relationship and i just didnt care anymore. i gave up and figured there is no such thing as having true love.

today i am thankful that ive been healed from those heartbreaks and from all of my past circumstances. ive been blessed with these heartbreaks because they have only benefited me with lessons learned. if it wasnt for my struggles i wouldnt know the truth and i wouldnt be strong, just as i am today. im thankful for those who have broken my heart, talked about me, lied to me, cheated on me, stole from me, abused me and everything else because now i know...

but the point is i have learned that there is a such thing called true love. a lot of us have been hurt so many times and therefore we give up on love, we stop believing and we stop caring. but those times when we get hurt only shapes and molds our hearts, it teaches us lessons about what love is and isnt. so when we do find true love, we will know and we will appreciate it. i like the song "lions tigers & bears" by jazmine but i think we need to stop letting that song keep us in fear of trying again, yes we've been hurt but thats life and we have to learn. even if you move on and it doesnt work out, dont let it discourage you just let it teach you. those relationships that dont work only end because that person wasnt meant for us anyway. i have learned that love is surely not a play-thing, its real and i know that i can move on as well. its been hard but its been worth it, the bad times are precious & besides sometimes you have to cry before you can smile...

2 comments: